Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Meyer-faced cheek!

Having been out of circulation for most of the weekend, I hadn't really caught up with the latest developments when I wrote my previous piece on the Meyer affair. I later read that Prezza and Ian MacShane have laid into Meyer. Scary! One point caught my eye. Meyer has apparently promised to donate the serialisation rights for DC Confidential to charity. Not his fees and royalties for the sale of the book itself. Of course, the serialisation will only promote sales of the book. Getting paid for the serialisation was just the icing on the cake. And, the real Meyer-faced cheek is that his wife is employed, according to MacShane, with a salary of £34K p.a. (for how much work, I wonder?) by one of the charities. Will the government we've just elected be able to get rid of this dishonourable "fop" (um, what does that word mean? - I see, "dandy" according to my Concise Oxford)? Anyway, I'd love to be proved wrong, but I doubt even the entire government acting with unprecedented unity of purpose would be able to shift him. We don't really want to be ruled by the people we've chosen, do we?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home